Friday, July 11, 2014

One more custom build?

One more custom build?

I should have posted up an entry or two by now but I have by the grace of God be very busy. Bookings for house washings are running into August. I started this entry and thought I could get some pictures of what I intend to do. I have not made it that far yet so I'm going to post it up and add some photos hopefully Sunday sometime of what it is going to be. I'll give you a hint the service truck will have a C and will get around on three. The washer will be a 5 and use a gearbox. Lastly it will be very mobile and use for concrete. I give more away in this post. Hang on this should be fun.

I think I have one more custom build left in me. I have always planed to make one attention grabbing washing or service rig. I keep getting smaller but now I'm going "mini footprint" for this build. I have started gathering parts and pieces to put together this "mini rig" and now have all of what I need for the  start of this build.

Pictures of washer and components should be here.
along with the steam pot and other collected items for this build.

?

?

?


?


I will be starting this build and posting how it is going on the blog. As I get it under way and extra time I will post up pictures. I am using a Briggs 18 hp opposed twin for the washer. A gear reduction form General Pump instead of belts to keep the footprint small as possible, and a General TS2021 for the pump. I will also have one of the wedco dry steam pots on board for live steam for gum removal along with a place for hoses, small buffer tank, the gumbuster wand form a previous entry and carry two surface cleaners. All goodies that have been waiting for this build.

Will be starting with this Cushman I built several years ago for the base. It was my little "rat rod" so it will take a bit to get it back up. It is street legal and does about 40 mph when it all wound up 3 speed transmission and suicide shifting, with 12" wheels it's a fun little rig. Hoping this will be eye catching going down the road even more than the flatbed S10. Advertising will be the main job for this unit but it will be fully functional for use to clean concrete around town.

I have plans on putting this all on a custom Cushman 3 wheeler I have and am building a C-cab for it. I hope I can get this all together this year, in spare-time and weekends.

Mocked up sides for the C-cab, will be building a frame work and covering it in steel. Making doors for the back to keep the washer and contents safe and painted all black like days of old. That is the plan stay tuned and follow my progress.


Join us for the next Cleaned by Pete build of the "Mini Footprint Washing Rig" follows us through the build and watch for updates.

You are now wondering if I have been out washing in the sun too long and the heat has effected my mind? Well no! I have always been just a bit crazy. Will it work? Will it be built? Can it function? For all these Cleaned by Pete questions stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment