Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Do you do non-pressure washing?

I had a call the voice on the other line said, "Hello I was looking to have my house washed. I was wanting to know if you do that?".

"Yes we do and I can come out and give you a free estimate if you wish, we can see what kind of home you have and how dirty it is. Giving you a better estimate.", I answered.

She went on to say, "We have talked to someone else and said they are the only ones in town that uses "non-pressure washing" to wash houses. Do you use "non-pressure" to clean houses too?" 

OK I was kind of stumped for just a moment by this term "non-pressure", while we have to use a pressure washer or even the soft washing unit to clean houses, there is still pressure involved even if it is low-pressure it is pressure. In fact if you have read the earlier entries in this blog we have discussed this. You know that even water flowing out of your faucet has pressure behind it any where for 30 psi to 50 psi, lucky folks near the front may even have up to 80  pounds per square inch of pressure.

So after a moment I said "No we do not use the "Non-Pressure method" for cleaning or washing houses, because "non-pressure" would mean we would have to leave the water just sitting in a bucket and that wouldn't work for us. Non-pressured water by definition would be water that is just sitting there with out any pressure to move it".

There was a pause and she said "Oh" with a puzzled sound.

I quickly said, "We however offer a "soft-wash" or "low-pressure washing" both which are safe for you home. It however does have water pressure but it will not harm you home. We can use different machines to wash your home but I would need to come out and look at it to tell you what would be the best one to use.".

Her answer was, "Soft-wash" is that like anything like "Non-Pressure" washing?".

I said, "I'm not sure I really don't know what "non-pressure" washing is. I have been washing houses for years and this is the first time I have head the term use like that. I can tell you we use "soft washing" or "low-pressure washing" they are both method to apply soaps and chemicals to start the cleaning of your home and some bleach to kill what might be growing on your home, work it in agitating it and then safely rinse it with low pressure, But since I have not see it yet I couldn't really know till I get out there what would be best. We have two ways to safely soft-wash your house. One we use a pressure washer with special attachments and nozzles to reduce the pressure, a bit more pressure than your shower would have. Or I can use the other pump we have it puts out around 100 pounds of pressure but I won't know till I look at your home. If you would like to look at our web site www.cleanedbypete.com it would have more information. but you know, I can't tell you anything about non-pressure washing."

She then said, "So it won't hurt my house?"

I said, "No we have done lots of house and never have hurt one. Can you tell me what your house has on it?"

"Black spots and some greenish stuff on the north side that I would like to be cleaned off.", she answered.

My reply, "OK but what is the siding on you home made of?".

She laughed and said "Oh.. it's stone on the front with vinyl siding  both sides and back with a wood deck.".

"I would like to use the pressure washer then, so we could have the option to power wash the stone out front and "soft-wash" or "low-pressure wash" the back and sides, we can also use the pressure washer to wash the deck or any stubborn areas than may need a bit more power to get clean." I then said.

She said, "No, the deck is OK just need the house washed"

The rest was just setting up a time to look and give the estimate.

So why did I write this? I wrote it is just for you to see that educating ones-self in matters is the right thing to do. Trying to help you also helps us learn. Really I had never heard the term "Non-Pressure Washing" or still have any idea of what it is or could be. Even if you use water on a brush there is pressure applied to the brush for scrubbing. Trowing a bucket of water on the wall will have force or pressure behind it by definition using the garden hose with a nozzle on it is pressure washing. This customer was right she call others and ask about it, and to find out what is was, she was protecting her home probably her biggest investment.

The term, "non-pressure washing to protect your home", that had this customer so worried about, was found out to be coined phrase by a washing com. moving into the area for big bang in there advertising campaign to gain a foot hold in the market. They use this non-sense term to say they did something only they could do and imply that others may use more harmful methods of house cleaning. It is an all encompassing term for there services There is no shame in trying to get more customers, and I don't falt them for trying. Weather it was just on a local level or a push by there main company I do not know. The newest term being used now is "safe wash" or "safe washing"

Cleaned by Pete practised safe washing before it was a "coined term" for advertising we have always used safe soaps and cleaners, we have always uses safe practises by washing form the ground not from ladders on your home, we have practised safe tried and true washing methods "down-streaming", "soft-washing", or "low-pressure washing" for house washing, we have always used save and well kept equipment and tools, we are safe in the broad term by our knowledge, we know our equipment and have years of experience in the house washing field just safely knowing what to do.

But I am just still waiting and want to see someone clean a house with this non-pressure  method of house washing. 

"After looking in to his a bit more, the terms spoken in the sales pitch may have been mixed up. Clarifications they do non pressure roof cleaning and safe house washing not intending term non-pressure  to be applied to house washing. So it is safe house washing and non pressure roof cleaning, but they're still the only ones in the area using these methods."


5 comments:

  1. This is really very informative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if this blog is viewed by the author and administrator or not.

    I have been going through my dads shop tools,and found his old Sukii steam cleaner. I am debating if I should keep it or just sell it.
    Do you have any idea if there is a used market for steam cleaner or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a place in the cleaning world, but with the advent of cheap pressure being sold at the "Big Box Stores" now most people just buy something to get by. Selling one is not a problem however shipping cost make it almost impossible to sell. These old "true dry steam" pots can not be beat for grease and grime clean up in a shop setting though. In what ever you decide to do with it good luck.

      Delete