Sunday, July 13, 2014

You Clean or Wash What? Barrel Washing


 You Clean or Wash What?
Barrel Washing

The field of power washing is vast. One does not really know all the aspects that will fall into this industry. Under the broadest umbrella we are cleaning with pressurized water both cold and or heated. So any cleaning with hydro pressure would be involved with us in some fashion. Pressurized water is one of the most amazing cleaners just by itself. It will do alot even before adding cleaners.

Here it's Sunday my day off. Really do we as small business owners take a whole day off with out some how thinking or doing something for the business? I was grubbing around in my washing stuff and have this nozzle. I know what it is and designed for and why but I never used it or thought about it much. I like collecting thing associated with the industry. I have old car-washing barrel pumps from the early self-serve car-washes to small coil cleaners for AC (air-conditioner). 
I bought this nozzle from a guy that worked at the factory and after testing it had a couple of bad spots. He had 3 of them after retiring. I just thought it was keen and purchased it from him. Today I did a littler research on it. Knowledge is the key to all things and learning something new each day if possible is one of the greatest goals we can reach for.
Barrel washing nozzle.

This is a barrel washing nozzle for washing the inside of wine and whiskey barrels. I never gave it much thought but those large wooden barrels they use to store and age these items in are reusable and would have to be cleaned.

15 jets clean or wash the inside of a whiskey barrel all around and the narrow neck allows for movement and lets the water drain out while washing.

This is not your average pressure washing nozzle it is quite a chunk of brass, barrel washing or barrel cleaning here is a special tool for the job

Using a Flow rate range: 5.2 to 26 gpm (23 to 91 l/min)
Pressure range: 10 to 150 psi (1 to 10 bar)
Max. operating 212°F (100°C)
temperature:
Min. tank 2” (51 mm) opening size:
  15 orifice version for 210° coverage
So here is just another piece of the washing industry I really never knew existed till I did some research on it today. A simple purchase of this nozzle lead me on a quest to learn more about it. I thought it would be a great duck cleaner for exhaust shoots in the world of KEC (kitchen exhaust and hood cleaning) which I was involved in for several years. Instead I find this is how and what it is used for: 




Washing and cleaning wine barrels who would have ever thought it? Part of the power washing scope I never imagined. Finding that nitch or market for your talents and what you're interested in is the key to success and being happy.

1 comment:

  1. Great job man! Get those "Honey-Do's" out of the way and feel good about it! Bellevue Power Washing

    ReplyDelete